How do I Braindate?
Braindates operate in four easy steps:
- Log into DLC Braindates to create your profile and add topics. Activation code: DataLeader
- Find existing sessions in the Braindate marketplace. Make sure you are set to your correct timezone in the platform.
- Create your own topics so that others can join you for a braindate.
- Meet up virtually on the Braindate platform.
Do I have to prepare?
Not at all! If you are hosting, leave your slides behind. Just think of a few conversation starters. If you are joining an existing meet-up, go ahead and dive right in.
Past topics in 2021:
- How to build a strong data culture within your organization.
- Why stakeholder data evangelists are worth their weight in gold–and how to attract them!
- Data horror stories: what data mistakes have you made, and what did you learn?
- What are your strategies to improve data literacy in your organization?
Etiquette and ground rules
Whether you’re a leader or a participant, we want you to enjoy making positive connections. Please remember these tips so everyone gets the most out of their experience.
- Be Polite. Adopt a beginner's mindset and make sure everyone is introduced and participating in discussion.
- Be Respectful. Braindates are about building and nourishing the DLC Community through knowledge exchange, openness and inclusivity.
- Be Realistic. Don't book a braindate unless you are genuinely interested in the topic.
- Be Prepared. Braindates are only 30-45 mins long, so you don't want to waste the first 5 to 10 mins fixing a tech issue. Test your speakers and video in advance so you're ready to join and start the conversation on time.